Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Very Banana Cake

I happen to come across this Very Banana Cake in Do What I Like blog and i was tempted to do it. But i make some changes in it as in red colour.

Ingredients:
100g butter at room temperature
90g -100g sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs + 1 tsp vanilla essence (lightly beaten)
120g plain yogurt
320g mashed bananas + 1 tbsp lemon juice + 1 tbsp rum
50g cranberries (optional), 50g walnut pieces (optional) (I use 100g raisins)

150g plain flour
70g cake flour (I used self-raising flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder (I omit this since i'm using self-raising flour)

Method:
1. Sieve together the flours and baking soda and powder.
2. Cream butter, salt and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs a third at a time, followed by the yogurt and mashed banana.
4. Fold in the flour mixture till just moistened.
5. Bake at 165C - 170C for 50 - 60 minutes or till cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment